Monday, April 23, 2012

The Tasha-tini & Other Treats


Here in Erie, Pennsylvania we all thought Summer had arrived. 80 Degree temps two days ago, and everyone was outside. Today of course, it's 35 degrees and snowing.

Well, I refuse to accept that winter has returned, so I hit the gym and worked up a good sweat anyway.

All winter long, I tend to lose my motivation for exercise and healthy living and end up sitting on the couch in front of the television. Well, aside from the L.A. Kings run at the NHL Playoffs, the winter is over for me.

One of my favorite summer treats is a Strawberry-Kiwi Martini I like to call the 'Tasha-tini'.


Here's how you can whip up a batch of this delicious goodness yourself.

4 ozs vodka (strawberry)
4 ozs liqueur (kiwi)
12 ozs lemonade
24 ice (cubes) 
 
Dump it all into a blender until it's icy and smooth. Pour into 4 glasses, and share them with your friends. 
 
Or... put 3 in the refrigerator and drink all four consecutively. 
 
If you want to be fancy about it, you can add a slice of strawberry and kiwi as a garnish, but otherwise, it's your choice... the kiwi slices are a 'Tasha' thing. 
 
Cheers!
 
- Tasha
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment