Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Moving Around is Harder Than Moving House.

Most big cities have a public transportation system in place. A LOT people in NYC or LA don't even own cars. There's no real need. There's a cab on every corner, and a bus stop every 15 minutes.

What follows, is my first official 'bitch' about the City of Erie, PA. - where I now reside.

For it's population, everything here is pretty spread out. You have 'Downtown', and you have 'Uptown', and then you have suburbs where everyone actually lives. If you can catch a bus at all, it can take an hour to get across town.

And you can't just go outside and wave down a cab. Here, you have to call a Cab Company, and then wait 45 minutes for them to show up. Because there's only like 4 cabs working the city at any given time, and usually less.

And I won't even get started about the difficulty in all of this if you are a Polymerisian. If I had a dollar for every bus that has just blown past me, I could buy my own car in cash tomorrow.


End. Of. Rant.

I've already said, the best part of this City is the people in it, and this goes especially for my new friend Scott. He runs a little transport business here in town. Basically, call him if you need a ride. Which I've taken advantage of a few times already.


Okay, he's taken advantage once or twice too, but hey... it's still cheaper than a cab fare and a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do...

I have a job interview this week, and I hope it goes better than the last one.

Wish me luck,
- Tash

4 comments:

  1. For some reason, I can picture you on a scooter, preferably one of those new Vespas. Highly impractical in snowy conditions, but efficient and stylish!...

    Best of luck with the job interview. My wife's part Polymerisian as well, so hopefully that won't stand in the way of you getting a decent position.

    Also: you've got fantastic tits. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Davecat, I've thought often about those scooters, but I have to agree with you that Erie winters would make it somewhat impractical for most of the year.

    Does your wife work outside the home? I'd be interested in hearing her stories, because there does seem to be more road blocks than open doors in the job market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Tasha! I'm the aforementioned wife :-)

    In all honesty, my last legitimate leaving-the-home job I'd had was back in 1999-2000. I'd come to the United States to stay with my aunt and uncle who'd moved to SE Michigan, and for a bit of cash, I'd gotten a job at a Goth 'boutique' called 23rd Current, and stayed there until they closed in mid-2000. Being really pale and fitting the Goth stereotype probably helped me squeak by on some of the employment requirements, but then as fab as the place was, I think it closed cos half the employees were being paid under the table, myself included. I got on with most of the staff there, and the two that weren't too friendly acted like tossers cos I'm part-Polymerisian. Overall, though, it wasn't a bad job, though, and I made sure to get the most out of my employee discount ;-)

    Since then, I've been trying to get back into one of the subjects I'd studied when I was at university, and that was website design, cos I wanted to eventually make a career out of it, but my skills have atrophied. Now I'm content to let my lad bring home the bacon! I really should resume my studies, however.

    Hope your interview was a success! Use your personality to get you in the door, but never let being Polymerisian become a hindrance! And I have to agree with Davecat; your tits are FANTASTIC. I'm jealous ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sidore,

    Thanks for tell me a bit more about your story. It sounds like you've gotten on well in the work place.

    My interview sadly did not go all that well. I got hung up on the application. Here in the US, because of government subsidies and whatnot, they always have a box to check for race. "Black", "Asian", Caucasian". I don't really fit into any of those categories and of course there's no "Polymerisian" option to check.

    When I ask, the employee just stares at me with a dumb look on their face. They finally accepted my 'incomplete application', but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed.

    I see we're friends on Facebook now, so hopefully we can stay in touch.

    - Tasha

    PS - Thanks for the compliments, I think your own rack is pretty outstanding too. Davecat is a lucky guy. :)

    ReplyDelete