Sunday, July 1, 2012

I'd Like To Thank The Gathering...

Anna Davidova - Tasha James
I just received word that my show "It's A Tasha Thing" has won "Best TV Pilot" at the 16th Annual Indie Gathering Film Festival held this August in Cleveland, Ohio.

The Indie Gathering is ranked among the top 25 Film Festivals in the World by Movie Maker Magazine and is considered the premiere 'Proving Ground' for independent films around the world, with entries from dozens of countries including Australia, United Kingdom, Japan, Germany and Italy.

With World wide competition, I'm fiercely proud and honored to have a win in this festival. As I've said many times, this show didn't create itself. I owe a great deal of gratitude to A LOT of people who brought my story to life.

Dig!t Dave, Tasha James, Mark Audess
First off, Marie Madison and Mark Audess who are the Executive Producers of the show along with their partner Max Edwards. A special nod to Mark, who wrote the Screenplay with the help of his 'Writing Room' (Staff Writers) including Anna Davidova, Joe Kelly, Adam Moore and Marie Madison.

Tasha James - Joe Kelly
Of course, there wouldn't be a show without the cast. So, I have to thank Marie Madison, Anna Davidova, Dig!t Dave, Cody Hoepfl, Joe Kelly, Angelina Leigh, Mark Audess, Mike Socie, John Michaels, Chrissy Rice, Jeanette Hannah, Jeremy Krukowski, Virginia Sult, Seneca Shongo, MoFryky, Jenny Densuke, Maggie McQuire, Samantha Hoepfl, Taylor Gorman  and the talented and brave friends who filled in the backgrounds as extras.

Jenny Densuke - Angelina Leigh
There's the crew - and I'll admit, I don't know most of them by name, because I did my best to stay out of their way. But without the fine guys and gals who handled the sound, lighting, cameras and post production no one would have ever seen the show to begin with.

Same goes for the very patient and generous business owners who allowed us to use their places of business for locations. Creekside Bar & Grill, Pier 21 and Union Station among them.

Tasha James - Virginia Sult - Mike Socie at Creekside Bar & Grill
And I'm sure I'm leaving some people out, for which I apologize in advance. The people that have surrounded this project have been numerous and all of them irreplaceable. I truly feel blessed to have been given the opportunity to tell my story this way and be a part of such a creative project with such creative people.

The actual screening schedule for the festival has not been announced yet, so I don't know when (or even if) they will be screening "It's A Tasha Thing", but I will be attending the event regardless. GMD Films will have a vendor booth at the festival where I'll be appearing to help promote the show and I'll have DVD's, Blu-Ray's and Photos and get a chance to meet some people.

The event is August 17 - 19th, 2012 in Hudson, OH (just outside Cleveland) and a VIP pass for the entire event is just $35 when purchased in advance. You can get your tickets here right now. The price goes up to $45 at the door, so if you know for sure you are going get your passes in advance.

Lastly, if you are going to go, be sure to send me an e-mail and let me know. I would love to meet as many of my friends and fans as possible.

Episode 103 should be out this week!

<3 Tasha







4 comments:

  1. Congratulations baby! I'm sooo happy for you and all the crew. I hope this keeps motivating you guys to keep doing the show. We really appreciate all the hard work you guys do. Go celebrate tonight! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg. I gotta say, more than being a complete surprise, it does feel validating in the face of so many haters and people who didn't believe we could ever pull it off.

      I appreciate your support, and I'm happy you have enjoyed the show. A yes... a couple few celebratory beers sounds delicious right now!

      Delete
  2. I am so proud of you Tasha. I know how hard you have worked on the show and that your hard work has paid off. I know you will have much succes in the future.

    Much love my friend always and forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Avi. I wouldn't neccessarily say it's "Paid Off", but it's a step in the right direction. It's nice to get some validation that this is a real show and not the complete joke that most of the haters have made it out to be.

      Delete